IILA’s Local Integration & Family Empowerment (LIFE) Division provides a wide array of services to diverse populations including families who have been victims of trafficking, newly arrived immigrants, unaccompanied minors and families who have been forced to migrate due to violence and/or other traumatic situations. LIFE services include comprehensive case management services, client support groups, job training, job placement, transportation subsidies, and community outreach and education. LIFE Division is projected to serve about 35,000 individuals each year.
The LIFE Division is seeking a Case Aide to deliver high-quality support for community operation, and administrative case related tasks, while assisting clients in obtaining resources that contribute to their daily needs. This position will work primarily with Afghan humanitarian parolees, primarily in Riverside and San Bernardino counties, to provide the support and assistance they need to ensure a successful transition to life in their new community.
This position plays a pivotal role providing exceptional program support to the LIFE Division staff. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys being REALLY busy, wearing multiple hats and interacting with people.
The ideal candidate has experience in working with diverse people and working within a team environment. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working in multiple projects at the same time and ready to adapt to new responsibilities quickly with a can-do, jump-right-in attitude.
Within a teamwork environment, the essential functions of the job include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
- ➢ Work closely with the PC Coordinator to provide support in developing client’s care plan and case
- ➢ Work closely with the Learning and Integration Coordinator to prepare and conduct community assessments, trainings, and presentations and to prepare and conduct staff assessments, trainings, and
professional development meetings.
- ➢ Provide office support to the PC Coordinator by calling clients, partner organizations, or volunteers and to prepare and set up for meetings.
- ➢ Process invoices including preparing check requests, determining cost allocations, submitting request to accounting in a timely manner, and track payment status.
- ➢ Answer incoming telephone calls, screen clients for appropriate referral to in-house programs and services, take messages and direct calls to appropriate destination.
- ➢ Assist with responding to client referrals and resources.
- ➢ Conduct accurate and timely data entry of client’s information into database.
- ➢ Assist with gathering data and completing funder reports.
- ➢ Run program errands including purchase and delivery of food, mailing packets, etc.
- ➢ Prepare transportation services for clients.
- ➢ Assist with deliverables to clients’ homes.
- ➢ Accompany clients to appointments.
- ➢ Prepare community outreach and education on the Preferred Community program, related LIFE Division services, and other IILA in-house services.
- ➢ Provide daily reports to PC Coordinator on all assigned tasks.
- ➢ Assist clients with enrollment into programs where eligible.
- ➢ Assist PC Coordinator and Learning Integration Coordinator with the provision of community orientation sessions to clients.
- ➢ Conduct in-person or virtual home visits.
- ➢ Provide interpretation and translation assistance.
- ➢ Perform general clerical duties including photocopying, typing memo’s, filling out program forms and filing.
- ➢ Attend meetings, trainings, and community events.
- ➢ Follow funders’ rules and regulations related to the LIFE programs.
- ➢ Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- ➢ High school diploma or equivalent required. AA degree preferred.
- ➢ Minimum two (2) years of experience in office or clearly demonstrated experience working with the community and a deep understanding of Afghan culture.
- ➢ Bilingual (English/Dari) (English/Pashto)
- ➢ Strong organizational, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- ➢ Must be flexible to work some weekends and/or holidays as needed.
- ➢ Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- ➢ Ability to prioritize duties and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- ➢ Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, provide proof of current insurance and a clean driving record.
- ➢ Must possess knowledge and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- ➢ Must have proficient computer skills using Microsoft Word, Outlook and the internet.
- ➢ Ability to keyboard a minimum of 50 wpm.
- ➢ Criminal background clearance and copy of driving record will be required prior to employment.
- ➢ Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Desirable Interpersonal Skills
- ➢ Ability to be flexible, self-directed, and responsible.
- ➢ Ability to recognize, prioritize, and a commitment to accomplishment.
- ➢ Ability to seek out and provide support for others as a team member.
- ➢ Strong communication and organizational skills and maintain a strong focus on achieving results.
- ➢ Proactive, solution-oriented approach to problem solving.
- ➢ Ability to be an appropriate role model.
- ➢ Ability to demonstrate emotional maturity.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ➢ Intermittent or continuous sitting, walking, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, driving, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, and twisting. (4-8 hours/day).
- ➢ Frequent keyboarding into a computer (4-8 hours/day).
Job Site Location:
Due COVID-19 restrictions, staff will temporarily be working on a hybrid model which may include a combination remote work, office work and field work. Office is located at: 9060 Telstar Ave, Suite 223, El Monte, CA 91731
Pay Rate: The hourly rate for this position starts at $20.00/hour.
We offer an excellent benefit package to our employees. It includes 100% Employer Paid Medical, Dental HMO, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Basic Life and AD&D insurance. We also offer Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospitalization, Critical Illness and Long-Term Disability insurance policies in which you may choose to enroll. We have a generous Paid Time Off program (up to 5 weeks per year), 11 Paid Holidays plus one Personal Day each year as well as a 401 (k) retirement plan with a Safe Harbor Match where we match your contribution dollar for dollar up to a maximum of 4% of your total compensation along with an annual profit-sharing plan (vesting applies). At IILA, we work only 37.50 hours each week to allow our employees the opportunity to enjoy a better work/life balance so they may spend more time with their family and friends.
International Institute of Los Angeles (IILA) is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants must complete an IILA employment application. To download our application, please visit our web site at www.iilosangeles.org/about/careers/. Please forward your resume, cover letter and your completed application to:
Veronica Leon International Institute of Los Angeles
3845 Selig Place Los Ángeles, CA 90031