MONTEREY- If you’ve attended the Life Time Sea Otter Classic presented by Continental, in previous years, you’re likely to be stunned by the incredible expansion it is seeing for 2023.
The Event begins with the Sea Otter Classic Summit April 17-19, designed to equip and inspire industry professionals to drive growth and impact for their businesses and brands. Attendees are invited to purchase tickets for the iconic aquarium dinner to kick off their networking opportunities. Additionally, Sea Otter Classic Festival attendees will find that the Expo footprint expanded significantly with more than double the exhibitor activations, bringing renewed enthusiasm to the event. Check out all the details below.
You Are Invited: Q&A and BIPOC Social Ride
Media and consumers are invited to join All Bikes Welcome, Rowdy Goudy, Annikje Wade, and Renee Hutchens on Friday, April 21, at 10:30am in the Media Center for an informal Q&A. Following that, join us on a 12-mile social gravel ride for folks that identify as Black, Indigenous, or a person of color (Lily this may need to be updated waiting to hear if everyone is invited or only BIPOC community members). These athlete advocates are leading the group ride to celebrate the joy of cycling and connect with community members in the area. All types of bikes are welcome, and helmets are required.
New Sea Otter Expo Activations
● Industry Day: Thursday, April 20, will be the first Industry Day on which hundreds of retailers will gather for programming that includes VIP tours, a networking social, and a one-day intensive retail workshop presented by the National Bicycle Dealers Association. More than 200 are registered to date for this unparalleled opportunity.
● Free Bike Friday presented by Ventum: Unique giveaways are standard at Sea Otter and, this year, festival attendees will have a chance to win a fully-built Ventum NS-1 road bike ($4,199 value) by scanning a QR code when they enter on Friday, April 21.
● Earth Day: Saturday, April 22, is Earth Day and Sea Otter has teamed with Continental to celebrate. To encourage all attendees to do their part in supporting reduce, reuse, and recycle efforts, everyone who brings a tube or tire to recycle on April 22 will receive free entry into the Expo.
● Family Day: Sunday, April 23, is Sea Otter Family Day and Kids are the VIPs! Up to two (2) adults may enter for free when accompanied by a child aged 12 or under.
- On deck for the second year is the Sea Otter Fuego XL – and registration for this epic event has exceeded all expectations. The race covers two laps, 65 miles, and 7,800 feet of elevation across the sandy climbs and flowy singletrack of Monterey’s Fort Ord National Monument. It also kicks off the 2023 Life Time Grand Prix series presented by Mazda, where 70 of the world’s best cyclists will once again compete in seven events for a $250,000 prize purse.
- For the first time, the Sea Otter Classic Fuego XL will provide racers with the opportunity to qualify for the legendary Race Across the Sky: the 2023 Stages Cycling Leadville Trail 100 MTB – one of the most prestigious badges of honor a rider may earn. Registration for the pinnacle Fuego XL has been phenomenal with more than 700 racers thus far.
Crowd favorites are coming back: Cody Kelly (2022 winner); Mitch Ropeleto; the Meir-Smith brothers from Comboyne, Australia; and Jill Kintner (2022 winner) to be challenged by the newly crowned ‘Queen of Crankworx,’ Caroline Buchanan from Kambah, Australia.
About Life Time, Inc.
Life Time (NYSE: LTH) empowers people to live healthy, happy lives through its portfolio of more than 160 athletic country clubs across the United States and Canada. The company’s healthy way of life communities and ecosystem address all aspects of healthy living, healthy aging and healthy entertainment for people 90 days to 90+ years old. Supported by a team of more than 30,000 dedicated professionals, Life Time is committed to providing the best programs and experiences through its clubs, iconic athletic events and comprehensive digital platform.
About the Life Time Sea Otter Classic
Known as the “World’s Premier Cycling Festival”, the Life Time Sea Otter Classic is a four-day celebration of cycling featuring 9,000 athletes, 7,000 campers, 1,000 exhibiting brands and 400 international media representatives. The 33rd annual Sea Otter Classic is set to take place April 20-23, 2023, at the Laguna Seca Recreation Area in Monterey, California. For more information visitwww.seaotterclassic.com.